Friday, September 14, 2012

Why Does Have to Take Something Scary to Put Me Back On Track????

This week I have lost 7 lbs.  After the scare on Sunday night with my bowel, I have been towing the line, and have gotten back to the basics of the way I am supposed to eat with my surgery.  No sugar, no soft-drinks, very few carbs, and chew,chew, chewing that food good before swallowing.  I have still had some stomach discomfort, so I am not sure I am totally out of the woods yet, but I am definitely towing the line and making sure that I don't eat anything that will aggravate it. 

The question I have asked myself this week is, "why did it take something scary to happen to put me back on track".  I mean really....I have a new stomach and that stomach really deserves respect for what it is, and I have to admit that I have been very careless for several months now, and clearly it caught up with me.  Therefore, now I am working desperately to get back on track and in the groove of things the way I was in the beginning.  It's easy to forget when things are going well, and I know for myself, I often forget that the reason things were going well is because I was following the rules....when I let up on following the rules so rigidly, I found myself getting into trouble.

Next week I will be in Pigeon Forge with my family, let's see if I can stick so rigidly while on vacation...wouldn't it be awesome to come back from vacation and have a weight loss???  The good thing is that after this week, I have new found hope that I may actually reach my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment