Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Five Days Before Surgery


I am working on learning how to do this blog and exactly how to set it up. Just five days before my surgery and I am getting very excited. My biggest fear of having this surgery is that I won't lose the weight. I have been obese for so long that I truly can't imagine myself thin anymore. That's part of that feeling of being "trapped" that those with obesity feel. It's hard to believe that we will ever be released from the grip that obesity has on us. I started my liquid fast last week and during that first week I learned so much about myself and my relationship with food. I realized that food really does "control me". Remember the commercials with the cookies saying "don't you want me baby" ? Last week all I could think about while working and watching TV at night was FOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment