Friday, April 30, 2010

Whew! I Survived My First Week of Work

Well, I did it! I survived my first week of work. Actually it wasn't that bad. I am holding steady at 34 lbs lost, so I suppose I'm in a little bit of a plateau. I have just about had all the protein shakes I can stand at this point, so I have really been trying to find foods I can eat that have protein. I realized last night just how much "bigger my eyes were than my belly". I decided I needed to eat two pieces of cheese for the protein, so I thought it was the perfect time to have "crackers and cheese". That in itself was okay, but I decided I needed eight crackers and broke each piece of cheese into two pieces and folded them up on my crackers, so I needed four crackers for each slice of cheese. Well........by the time I got to the second half of the FIRST piece of cheese I was slowing wayyyyyy......down! Needless to say there is no way I could have eaten the second piece of cheese with crackers. It's very interesting learning just how "little" I can eat after most of my life being able to "out eat" just about everyone I know. It's definitely a whole new way of thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment