Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Night Before Surgery

Wow! I can't believe that in just 14 hours I will be on the operating table! Iam so excited. I went to do my pre-op today and I suppose it's for real! Right now I would love to have a big cheeseburger, a taco, or just anything with some substance. Today I am on a clear liquid fast, and if I had to admit the truth, I am really not hungry......it's that "head hunger" again. I've had broth, a popsicle, and jello so far today.

I realize that I am taking a risk here, but any surgery is a risk. I have placed myself in God's hands and he knows my needs and desires; and IF by some chance he chooses to take me home with him through this, I still win. I would be so excited to see my Savior face to face, and to get to see my mother again would so awesome too. More than anything in this world I want both my sons to come back to God, and if He so chooses to use this situation to get them there...then so be it. I am not saying this because I am expecting anything to go wrong, but to help others understand that I AM OKAY NO MATTER WHAT!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, and I'll update as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment