Thursday, April 15, 2010

Middle of the Night Four Days Post-Op

All day today I have sat here and watched TV when I wasn't up walking, and ALL DAY I watched the new KFC commercial with the "bunless chicken sandwhich"; it has two pieces of chicken with cheese and two slices of bacon and something else on them. It comes grilled or fried. I was sitting there all day thinking how good that looked. So, earlier this evening I fixed my "dinner" of broth and jello. I grabbed the largest cup in the cupboard for my broth because "since that's all dinner is I need a lot". I did end up drinking the full cup of broth, but I have been almost sick ever since. I'm not really nauseated, but it's this most uncomfortable feeling of being full. It's 1:45 a.m. and I still feel so full. I barely had room to take my evening medications. After eating the whole cup of broth I told Keith that this entire process is going to be an entire change of mindset. Instead of filling up my plate like I am used to, I will have to retrain myself that I don't have to have the "whole" hamburger or the "whole" baked potato. I kept going back to that chicken sandwhich and I realized that IF I did get that chicken sandwhich, it would probably take me about eight days to eat the entire thing. Reading my tool kit today it said not to eat more than 1/4 of an egg at one time in week four. My usual breakfast consists of 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices of toast, followed by a banana and yogurt. I really thought I was having a "decent" breakfast, but as I am realizing just what I am able to eat now, I'll be lucky to get the egg down much less the toast, banana and yogurt. This will certainly be interesting getting my mind retrained and to actually listen to my stomach instead of my mind when filling up my plate. I could so see myself throwing up a lot in the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment